We recognise that your privacy is important. This page outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use illustrationsbyglenda.co.uk, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard that information.
We strive to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in the way that we collect and use your information. We have recently reviewed the criteria set out in the GDPR and believe we are fully compliant.
The information we may collect about you
illustrationsbyglenda.co.uk collects personally identifiable information from the visitors to our website only on a voluntary basis. The personal information collected on a voluntary basis may include name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- Name: We collect this when you send us a query via our contact form, email us directly via one of our email addresses, request information from us (like a free guide), subscribe to our blog, purchase a course, or request any other information or services from us.
- Email address: We collect this when you send us a query via our contact form, email us directly via one of our email addresses, request information from us (like a free guide), subscribe to our blog, purchase a course from us, or request any other information or services from us. The email service provider we use (Gmail.com) will make an estimation to your approximate location and store it with your email address.
- Postal Address: We collect this when you make a purchase from us.
- Telephone Number: We may collect this when you make a query by telephone.
- Technical Information: When you visit illustrationsbyglenda.co.uk, we collect your IP address and information about the device and browser you are using.
- Survey Answers: From time-to-time, we send out surveys and quizzes. If you complete a survey or quiz we will collect the answers and they will be attached to your email address.
How we store your information
When you provide us with your name, email address, technical information (such as IP address), and cookie data, we store that information on servers located in the United Kingdom and Ireland. These servers are provided by WordPress.
Your email address, IP address and phone number are also stored on one trusted third party that we use to manage our email list (MailChimp).
How we use your information
- Email address: We use this to reply to any queries you make, to update you about important information relating to your purchases, to keep a record of your purchases, to send you information you have requested and to send you information very closely related to the information you have requested.
- Telephone number: We use this to reply to any queries you have made.
- Technical Information: We collect information about the device you are using in order to track any potential issues certain devices may have accessing our website.
- User-Generated Content: If you give us permission to share your image on social media, we may publish it on our social media pages. Any comments on our blog can be seen to general visitors to illustrationsbyglenda.co.uk.
- Survey Information: We use this information to improve the way the illustrationsbyglenda.co.uk website is designed and structured and to create the most relevant courses, blog posts and other information for our audience.
How long we store your information for
We only store your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was obtained, or for any additional purpose, we have explained to you.
How we share your information
We share some of your information with third parties but NOT personally identifiable information. For example, we share information about your use of illustrationsbyglenda.co.uk (which pages you have visited and when, which products you have purchased and how much those products cost) with sites that we use to track analytics. We advertise on Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn and Pinterest. We use Google to track website traffic and purchase analytics. The reason we share this information with those third parties is so that we can help them to show our adverts only to the most relevant people. We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We may disclose personal information if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Your rights to privacy
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights in respect of information held about you. These rights are as follows, and can be exercised in accordance with the applicable legislation:
- Access to information: You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us via our email contact form or telephone number.
- Ensuring accuracy of information: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or complete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You may have a right to erasure, which is more commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This means that in certain circumstances you can require us to delete personal information held about you.
- Ability to restrict processing: You may also have the right to require us to restrict our use of your personal information in certain circumstances. This may apply, for example, where you have notified us that the information we hold about you is incorrect and you would like us to stop using such information until we have verified that it is accurate.
- Review by an independent authority: You will always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body. The relevant authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Preventing direct marketing: We do not sell your data. From time to time, we may send emails containing information about new features, products and other news about us. This is considered direct marketing. You have the right to stop us from contacting you for these purposes. We will always inform you if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can usually exercise your right to prevent such marketing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time via our email contact form or telephone number.
- Objecting to other uses of your information: You may also have the right to object to our use of your information in other circumstances. In particular, where you have consented to our use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. You may do this via our email contact form or telephone number.
How to contact us